
I love Easter...not for the candy and chocolate (although this is an added bonus) but for the celebration that Christ LIVES! It is just a reminder to me that we have the opportunity to be like Him and the opportunity to also return to live with our Father in Heaven. As a mother I can understand the love that he must have had for us to send his son but also how hard it must have been to let Him go. How wonderful it is that we as families can be together Forever and it is because of Him that we can!! Today the song "I know My Redeemer Lives" runs through my head. Here is just a reminder of the beautiful hymn and how perfect for this glorious Easter DAY!
I know that my Redeemer lives!
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead;
He lives, my ever living head!
He lives triumphant from the grave;
He lives eternally to save;
He lives exalted, throned above;
He lives to rule his Church in love
He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly friend;
He lives and loves me to the end;
He lives, and while he lives, I’ll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King!
He lives and grants me daily breath;
He lives, and I shall conquer death;
He lives my mansion to prepare;
He lives to bring me safely there.
He lives, all glory to his name!
He lives, my savior, still the same;
What joy this blest assurance gives:
I know that my Redeemer lives!
(some versus left out for length)
Sunday, April 12, 2009
What a beautiful Easter!
Posted by Kelly at 1:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment